We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Perth, Western...
2 posts
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Hi all,

I am after some advice on airport transfers in New York City. I am travelling with my husband and 3 children, all under 10. We will have quite a bit of luggage as we are on our way to Canada for a year. We arrive at JFK at 6.55am after a 10 hour flight and are staying at Courtyard by the Marriott Midtown East. We depart from LGA at 11.00am. I know we will be extremely tired and have a lot of luggage so subway is not really an option.

Thanks,

Tammy :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

A yellow cab. Ignore any touts near the exit and go straight for the official line. The dispatcher will be able to call a cab that fits 5 people.

Otherwise, pre-book a car with www.dial7.com or www.carmellimo.com .

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,407 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

I doubt you'll all fit in one cab with your luggage, even a large cab. I'd arrange with a car service like Allstate for an appropriate vehicle.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

Ignore the touts. Do not accept rides from anybody asking if you need a taxi.

Considering the amount of luggage and 3 children, you might benefit from prearranging a larger vehicle and even from paying the additional for Meet and Greet.

Yes, it is expensive and no I don't usually recommend it (but most people aren't arriving with a year's worth of baggage *and* three young children). I think a significant number of people coming to this forum have a roll-aboard, a backpack, and no children in tow - they can benefit from some cost savings to enhance their vacation / holiday in other ways such as meals and wine. You, on the other hand, could benefit from comfort and convenience.

Dial 7 and All State are both excellent. You can arrange a GMC Yukon which will be much safer than a sedan. You can request the appropriate car seats. The driver will meet you with a sign and help you. I dread the thought of two adults trying to manage all that luggage and three children with vehicular traffic whizzing by the curb without any regard for their safety. A Dial 7 or All State driver will alleviate much of that concern.

Perth, Western...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

Thankyou all for you replies. I will look into Dial 7 and Allstate.

5. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:17