We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC for two days...starting tomorrow...what should we do?

New York City
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NYC for two days...starting tomorrow...what should we do?

My husband and I are New Yorkers, but have been out of town for most of the summer. We will be in NYC overnight, and will have tomorrow (Tuesday, Aug. 13) and Wednesday to do things. Is there anything going on that would be a great thing to do..anything special that might not be so obvious..any not-to-be missed exhibit? Or..whatever. I am just looking for some ideas. Thank you!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC for two days...starting tomorrow...what should we do?

I was up on The High Line briefly this evening and it was just a breathtaking evening. A glass of wine at Terroir on The High Line is always delightful.

You can rent a Citi Bike and pedal up along the Hudson River waterfront.

Le Pan Quotidien over on Hudson St. in the West Village has outdoor seating - lovely little spot to sit outside with the morning coffee and a newspaper.

I'm thinking of taking a few days off at the end of August and totally wandering around and taking the morning paper to random cafes where I can sit outside and relax with a beverage. (Sadly I'll probably be answering work email on my electronic devices rather than reading the paper but at least I'll be wearing shorts and a tee shirt and I will not have been awakened by the alarm clock)

Crazy as it sounds - December being a particularly slow month in the office, I'm actually thinking of going to Sydney or Melbourne just to sit outside at the cafes and relax. It is such a treat to be able to relax outside - summer is too short and winter will be here far too soon and will stay for far too long. Enjoy.

2. Re: NYC for two days...starting tomorrow...what should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:19