We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 day itinerary

leicester
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
7 day itinerary

We are staying at the holiday inn Times Square for 7 nights on the 7th September. So far we have the following itinerary, if anyone can suggest anything, add or change anything we really appreciate the advice!

Day 1

Arrive in New York at roughly 5pm - after checking in we will head straight to the top of the rock and have a wonder!

No idea for dinner - something easy

Day 2

Want a fairly easy and close by day as will be tired!

Visit Empire State - fast track tickets booked

Grand central station

Times Square

Hard Rock Cafe for dinner

Day 3 hop on hop off bus booked for 48 hours

Head to 9-11 memorial for walking tour at 11am

Battery park

Walk Brooklyn bridge

Soho

Dinner in soho - recommendations?

Day 4

Ticket booth to see if can pick up some cheap tickets

National history museum

Central Park

Dinner - del friscos?

Show

Day 5

Keep morning free as 11th September so might attend a service?

Bronx zoo

Dinner?

Day 6

Day trip booked for Washington

Day 7

Shopping day

Motown the musical - tickets booked

Dinner?

Day 8

Greenwich village for market

Lunch

Taxi to airport to fly home

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 day itinerary

I think you've got some easy days there which is good, you will come across other things to look at too.

On Day 3 you could also go to St Pauls Chapel near the 911 Memorial, it's a beautiful chapel with a touching display of 9/11 related things. It's good to pair it with the 911 Memorial.

For eating near your hotel you could head west to 9th Ave, it's close to TS but away from the frenzy of crowds. There are all sorts of food option ranging from ethnic foods to burgers and pizza. This guide could be a good start: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6623…

And I'd also like to say I can see a new feature in TA where any attractions you have mentioned now appear as pictures in your post. There is Central Park and SoHo. Not sure if I like it.though, it takes up more space on the page.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 day itinerary

As long as you're already in the Bronx for the Bronx Zoo, assuming you like real Italian, try dinner at Louie's Seafood on E. Tremont Ave or else eat on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx.

NY Little Italy (i..e the one in Manhattan is inauthentic).

Also, do yourself a favor, don't eat at the Hard Rock. If you must have evidence you were here get an I love NY t shirt.

3. Re: 7 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:23