We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

We will be attending a couple of shows at Birdland jazz club. it looks like Birdland is near 44th and 8th in NYC. Can anyone recommend a 4 star or higher hotel that also has a bar or restaurant to hang out in after the show? We don't want to go lower than 44th Street nor more than a mile away. We want to be able to walk to and from Birdland.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

I did a search using Search Nearby on google maps.. 5 places came up with 4 stars (I think they are Google+ reviews)

The prices range considerably, so it might be worth a look at these to work out what price range suits (and also look at reviews on Trip Advisor etc once you've narrowed it down).

The Westin New York at Times Square; New York Marriott Marquis (has views!); Hilton Times Square; Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan; Staybridge Suites New York City

When I did a search on 5 stars a few other options come up: Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel; Pearl Hotel and Hilton Garden Inn New York are some of them...the others might be too far away.

Hope this is a helpful start while the locals might be heading off to sleep!

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

This is helpful but we don't like massive hotels. We want something on the smaller side that is elegant and comfortable. I have stayed at 3 of the hotels that you listed and didn't find them relaxing nor fun. The Parker Meridian is a possibility. I think we want to stay 50's or higher.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

just use google maps to have a look around like Jenny has done and see if anything grabs your attention

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

We stay at AKA Apartments on 58th street and love it, but I thought it was a bit far away. There's another one at Times Square but I don't know anything about it....

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

The INK 48 is a Kimpton Hotel and it is really lovely. It has a beautiful outdoor space upstairs - one of my favorite spots in NYC.

The InterContinental is very new and it is almost directly across the street - it may fit your description of a massive hotel.

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

Actually I like the Intercontinental brand and will check out the boutique hotel as well. I will do some research. Thank you.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,241 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

In all fairness to the original responder, you didn't indicate that you wanted a boutique hotel or that you didn't like larger hotels. Lots of smaller elegant boutique hotels don't have fun bars and restaurants for hanging out late at night.

Is it really essential that your hotel have a great bar and restaurant on premises? Lots of lovely boutique hotels don't., but you might be two doors down from a fabulous world class bar or restaurant. Is there a particular reason it needs to be within your hotel?

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

We would like a place to lounge, have a drink, snack, and just go up to the room without going outside in case of bad weather in winter. I had already done some google and Expedia searches was hoping someone knew of a special place. Expedia indicates W Hotel Times Square, Cassablanca, and Distriki all less than 1/3 mile away. I have posted reviews but never asked a question here.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

While you're going to Birdland be sure to see the Wednesday Louis Armstrong Centennial Band (every Wed at 5:30) -- they're terrific and the players change depending on who's in or out of town (all except the tuba player whose band it is). You can google them to see videos

10. Re: Upscale hotel near Birdland Jazz Club NYC.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:19