We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

Sherwood park...
Level Contributor
558 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

Looking at renting bikes in mid-town the first week of September, and doing a few days of riding/sightseeing. Any suggestions on destinations, areas to see, or routes? We are avid riders so lengthy rides are not an issue.

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
949 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

It's likely this site has all the info. you are looking for:

nycbikemaps.com/maps/…

& then some!

I finally rented a bike in NYC 2 years ago and went on a 6-pm to midnight ride (we ended up riding right through Times Square at 12:00) and was struck by how wonderfully FLAT Manhattan is. As I live in San Francisco, I found this to be a blessing. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

We returned to the City for a few days this week and have been amazed at the number of folks (apparently of a wide range of ages) who are renting the the CityBikes and have been peddling around the streets. It is a welcome sight.

CH

Sherwood park...
Level Contributor
558 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

Any suggestions on destinations?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

Much of Manhattan has a bike path around it's perimeter. A great way to see the skyscrapers and waterfront areas.

I was surprised at the amount of bike paths in & around Manhattan through city streets. The Brooklyn Bridge has a bike path running through the middle of it..........and there is always good ole' Central Park.

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge
16,584 Reviews
New York City, NY
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

Lots of folks in the Village ride around on bikes.

CH

6. Re: Bike riding in NYC...suggestions for Destinations/Routes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22