We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to New York City, need help to plan my trip.

Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
First time to New York City, need help to plan my trip.

My hubby and I are planning to visit New York in this Sep for 4 days. it is our first trip to USA. I have no idea where to stay and where to go about.

I searched online briefly. I only know two places must visit. Empire building and Statue of Liberty.

I need to confirm my trip ASAP. Pls help to suggest where we should stay which can allow us easily visit those iconic places within the short 4 days. We need to be near to the public transportation, either subway or bus or train. We can't drive. So we need to travel on public transport. Pls help me on the public transport planning. Any good link to share?

We don't mind motel, as long as there is a safe room with clean bathroom and the location is convenient. Our Budget for the room per night, around US $100.

Thanks.

Revolution Rickshaws
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
NYC Airporter
Taxis & Shuttles, Bus Transportation
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to New York City, need help to plan my trip.

Before you book flights, please find some accommodation. You may find your plan unrealistic as you may not be able to afford to visit. September is extremely expensive and you won't find anything for that budget. Manhattan hotels average $400 per night. Take a look at the Long Island City hotels if you are flying in/out of LGA or JFK. You may get something there for around $200 per night, plus taxes.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 15:41
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
958 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to New York City, need help to plan my trip.

You won't even find rooms for $100 in Brooklyn. check out travel zoo, they usually have specials in the $100+ range if you're lucky www.travelzoo.com/hotels/new-york/?tz_cs=HPV0

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
271 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to New York City, need help to plan my trip.

For Broadway tickets:

The TKTS booths are at Times Square and South Street Seaport with long lines.

There is another way to get discounted Broadway show tickets that won't involve you having to wait on line.

Go to these websites. Click on Broadway discounts.

You print out the coupon. If you go directly to the box office for your tickets, there are no additional fees. If you purchase the tickets online or over the phone there are additional charges. Be sure to read the expiration dates carefully!

broadwaybox.com

theatermania.com

4. Re: First time to New York City, need help to plan my trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19