We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child policy at affinia dumont

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Child policy at affinia dumont

I have emailed the hotel more than 24hrs but have yet to hear from them. Anyone knows what is the age limit? I have try clicking on their drop down menu when making reservations, it seems that it stops at 12. I have two kids born in Nov1997 & Dec 2000. Are the hotel strict on that?

Some hotels like comfort inn or best western do allow kids ages up to 17.

Appreciate advise. Thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,077 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

If they consider children as 12 and under, it seems like they may count yours as adults.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

If the drop down box for a child’s age only goes to 12, then 12+ would be an adult.

Are you still looking for your whole date range? I think it’s Dec 23rd – Dec 31st?

If so, I just looked at the Affinia Dumont for those dates. Whether you put in 2A + 2C or 4A, you get the exact same price for a Studio Suite with 2 Queen beds.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

In this case, does it mean that I will not be charge any extra upon check-in. I can just key in as 2A2C.

Some hotels do charge for extra adult and child differently.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

I just tried different dates and there IS a difference between 2A 2C and 4A so the hotel does sometimes charge differently.

If your children are above 12 years old, which seems to be the child limit, then put them as adults. You don't gain anything by putting them in as children if they're not counted as such by the specific hotel. The hotel will have every right to challenge you at check-in if they choose to do so.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,290 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

It is always wise to key in what it correct. The hotel is not going to let you get away with lying! EVEN if the price WAS the same, key it in correctly!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

I wasn't intending to lie at all! I wanted to be sure if they have extra charges differently for adult & child so that I can total up my cost & budget before I booked. I don't want to get a SHOCK upon check-in.

I have once pre-booked a hotel in Taiwan stating for 4, but upon check in was told that the room is meant for 2 and they charge me extra for each person per day!

Pietersburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

Hi, there appears to be an extra person charge; child (over 12 years) or adult of USD40 per person per night, as seen on booking.com. I am not sure if they are strict on that but we paid extra for my son when we stayed there last year.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

Hi Hemi36

May I ask did you specify your son when making the reservations? How much did you pay extra for your son during check in?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

Lena, why are you so reluctant to call the hotel? They're the ones who will know better than anyone here.

Pietersburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Child policy at affinia dumont

Hi Lena

Yes, we did specify on making the reservation and we paid USD 40 per night.