We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather late August/early September

Huntingdon...
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather late August/early September

Hi everyone,

I'm going to NY end of the month for about a week, and was just wondering how the weather usually is around this time of year?

Would be ideal to know what to pack exactly.

Dan

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,242 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather late August/early September

To find accurate historical data about the weather:

http://www.wunderground.com/

Local Weather tab...choose History Data

Enter location:

Choose a date (don't forget to change the Year field or it won't work!!)

Click on the weekly tab ....scroll down to the table that gives you lots of info (some useful, some not so useful!):

Temp. (°C) Dew Point (°C) Humidity (%) Sea Level Press. (hPa) Visibility (km) Wind (km/h) Precip. (mm) Events

To get information on the next weeks and the previous year/s, scroll up and use the arrows and the date field.

I usually look at the previous 4-5 years and it gives me a good idea of what's likely and therefore how to prepare for a trip. It's never failed me...knock on wood!!!

Huntingdon...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather late August/early September

Awesome, some really useful stuff here!

Looks like I better pack for some warm weather.

Thanks for you help :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather late August/early September

It hasn't been that hot in August. Forecast is showing low 80s next week. Humidity can make it feel worse.

Check the forecast on www.weather.gov a couple of days before you come.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather late August/early September

It should be nice. I might bring a hoodie or very light jacket for late night...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather late August/early September

So far this August it's been downright beautiful and cool. July was sweltering. normally in August it's hot and humid, average probably 85 degrees with high humidity but for instance today I think it's high 70s and low humidity. really beautiful.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather late August/early September

We see that the temperatures may approach 90F. this coming weekend and next week.

CH

Edited: 16 August 2013, 16:21
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
561 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather late August/early September

Weather has been amazing this August...complete 180 from July. Cool, breezy, pretty dry. Although last summer was similar - July was horrible, August was nice, and then early September was hot, humid, and stormy all down the east coast (and we all learned about derechos).10 day forecast looks good for the moment so hopefully it stays this way until September!

8. Re: Weather late August/early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:17