We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC bars teenager

winsford
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
NYC bars teenager

As our trip is only a week away myself wife and 15 year old daughter and being I'm from the uk our football season has started and when I'm in NYC I would like to be able to watch the games in a sports bar I no that under 21 year olds can not get served in a bar ,but are they allowed in and can they sit in the premises,can they drink soft drinks if they are purchased by myself my friend went to LA two weeks ago his daughter was allowed in the bars but not allowed anywhere near the actual bar itself but could sit in the premises any advice would be grateful,also any recommendations for any good sports bars thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,167 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: NYC bars teenager

You know they have trains and taxis in New York, right? Hi, stranger! ;)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: NYC bars teenager

Hi backatcha!

Sure, but those subway stairs are killers, too. And there are no taxis in museums and parks. Really, to each their own, I never think it's a waste of time to do what will result in a personally more pleasant time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,167 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: NYC bars teenager

Nice way you put that.

But I'm not going to give you those Subway stairs. You need to come to London to find out what Underground stairs are!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: NYC bars teenager

I recall there being many more escalators in London than in New York, especially for the ones that were more than one level underground.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,167 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: NYC bars teenager

They are ALL more than one level underground! In fact, I believe there is only one short cut and cover section (Metropolitan line along Marylebone Road) on The Tube. This is the basis of most of New York's Subway.

YES, there are loads of escalators in London but there has to be, it's all hundreds of feet below ground level. Most New York stations are like twelve steps from street to platform! I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Miss me? ;)

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: NYC bars teenager

Last May I was there with my wife and at the time our one year old son. We walked past a pub showing a Liverpool game (v. Villa?) and my wife was kind enough to let me watch the second half ( a mere 45 min). I don't recall name of the place, but having our son there was no problem. I could have a beer. It was the early game so pretty empty. Long story short, no problem with underage child, but an infant so maybe different rules.

I really shouldn't be helping a Manu fan anyway ;)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: NYC bars teenager

Miss you? Who wouldn't? Enough hijacking...

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,167 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: NYC bars teenager

Agreed. See you soon.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,108 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: NYC bars teenager

"Firstly, maybe you'll enjoy watching the game amongst a bunch of United fans and, secondly, maybe they'll be a bit more relaxed about your daughter being there."

It has nothing to do with the patrons and everything to do with the establishment owner. If he feels his establishment is more bar and not restaurant he will ban underage kids. He will not put his liquor license and thus his livelihood at risk.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,167 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: NYC bars teenager

I didn't say it was about the patrons. That was my firstly point, about their enjoyment of the game and not at all related to the headline question of the post. My secondly one was all about the potentially partisan owner/management who maybe (only maybe, no-one is going to risk their licence) will have more of a relaxed attitude to a family of season ticket-holding, shirt-wearing, mad-for-it speaking, Oasis-loving Mancunians.