We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Fairfield Inn & Suites in Chelsea

vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
149 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to Fairfield Inn & Suites in Chelsea

Good afternoon New Yorkers!

Planning yet another trip to my favorite city after my own, Vancouver. This time we are flying in to JFK. There will be four of us. I see from other posts that by taxi it will cost approx $70.00 with tolls and tip. Is this the best way to go and will we have any trouble getting a taxi that can hold 4 people plus all our luggage? I see there is a Long Island train from JFK but not sure if there is much savings with 4 people in addition to the inconvenience??

Thanks so much for your help!

Lynnelizabeth

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,718 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Fairfield Inn & Suites in Chelsea

Taxis can take four people. If you end up needing a larger one, the dispatcher will find one for you. They'e the same price.

I think the savings of the train for four people aren't large enough to justify it unless you're arriving at a heavy travel time, in which the train will be faster.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Fairfield Inn & Suites in Chelsea

Four people stuffed into a taxi is just uncomfortable (in my opinion).

Train is just as fast if not faster (depending on time of day). Train is also much safer. I hate cabs from JFK Airport - it just feels unsafe to me and it seems there are incidents on the news far too often for my taste.

The savings is in the ballpark of $20.00 total when you're talking about four people - the real value in the train though is the comfort - having room to spread out.

Weekdays off-peak is $12.00 per person for the combined JFK AirTrain / LIRR ticket (payable at Jamaica). You can walk to your hotel from Penn Station.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Queens, NY
3. Re: JFK to Fairfield Inn & Suites in Chelsea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:19