We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for where to stay based on my itinerary

Los Angeles...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendations for where to stay based on my itinerary

Hi there, I'm coming to NYC for a wedding in late September and am trying to figure out where I should stay. The wedding is on a Saturday in the afternoon at Cherry Hill in Central Park. I'll be arriving late in the evening that Friday and flying out Monday morning. My plan is to stick close to the wedding location on Saturday and spend the day checking out Central Park and a couple of the museums around it, and then Sunday visit other must-see NYC sights like Times Square, the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, etc. I was thinking that maybe I should look for a hotel on the Upper West Side so it would be convenient to the wedding location, but I'm worried that may put me too far away from the sights I want to see on Sunday, which are all south of Central Park. Would an Upper West Side hotel be fine with my itinerary, or should I be looking further south? Please let me know any opinions/recommendations on what area I should stay in. Thanks!

Edited: 19 August 2013, 01:07
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for where to stay based on my itinerary

Upper West Side has worked for me many times, Easy, safe subway to wherever you want to be or visit. I like to stay close to the Park because its a perfect walk into midtown! The Lucerne or Beacon are good choices. Others may have great suggestions. Have a wonderful visit!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for where to stay based on my itinerary

Really anywhere in Manhattan that is close to the subway will suit. Find the nicest hotel in your budget for your dates.

New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for where to stay based on my itinerary

As everybody has said, with a subway system like New York's, you don't have to be a five minute walk from everyplace -- as long as you are close to the subway, you have easy access to everyplace you want to go.

4. Re: Recommendations for where to stay based on my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:19