We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel options

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel options

Hi,

My wife and i were in NYC in January 2013 and are heading back in December this year. We are travelling inbetween xmas and new year (26-30) and taking my wifes parents. We stayed at the Royalton, earlier this year. However, our options for our xmas 4 ight stay are as follows:

Trump Soho 4 nights room only £1190

Four Seasons 4 nights room only £1240

Langham Place 4 nights room only £1335

Any opinions on which one to choose? We prefer modern hotels and, as for location, we would like to be near nice bars and rest.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel options

There are more interesting restaurant and bar options in Soho than in midtown but the typical things most tourists like to see in NYC at Xmas are in midtown so it's a hard decision. Trump Soho in addition to being modern is also very trendy. Will that bother the in-laws? Have a look at the Crosby St. Hotel in Soho. It's a Firmdale hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel options

Another one to check out is the James Hotel. Or perhaps the Jade.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel options

There's a new hotel due to open next month on west 57th st. called the Viceroy. They're taking reservations for Dec. Looks very nice. ;)

www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/newyork…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel options

PS are those prices per room for 4 nights? Or?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel options

Thanks for the replies, guys.

nywhiz, the trendiness of the Trump shouldnt be a problem. The Crosby St. is nice but more expensive and more than its worth, in my opinion - we just spent 4 nights at the Ritz-carlton in Hong Kong, which is the tallest hotel in the world, and it was less expensive than the Crosby.

The prices in my original post are per room for the 4 nights.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel options

"The prices in my original post are per room for the 4 nights."

Amazingly cheap then. Corporate rates? Have you had a look at photos on

oyster.com

Still hard decision between being in the center of things (walk to Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, dept. store Xmas windows, high end restaurants like Le Bernardin) at the Langham vs. being in Soho out of the fray of midtown madness and near more interesting restaurants.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel options

"Amazingly cheap then." Really?!?! I find New York hotels ridiculously expensive, especially compared to hotels in the middle/far east.

Anyway, thanks for your, and everyone else's, input. I think we are going to book Langham Place. I have stayed in their Hong Kong property twice and its a great hotel - hopefully the NY version can compete!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel options

Just a heads up that the building originally opened under the name Setai. It has only recently joined the Langham brand. Try to get a higher floor.

9. Re: Hotel options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 07:19