We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help please

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
873 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent help please

As some of you may have seen me posting over the past few months I had a holiday booked for NYE.

We had originally booked to stay at the Edison for 6 nights through a 3rd party booking company from the checking in on 29th of December and out on the 6th of January.

Unfortunately, I have just received an email to say the company has gone into insolvency and it is unlikely our reservation will be honoured (because they haven't passéd customer's money to hotels).

Due to the insolvency procedure they won't even be able to consider refunding any monies until November and even then it won't be guaranteed.

I am absolutely heartbroken as this holiday has taken an awful lot of saving for on mine and my boyfriends part. Not to mention it's just rubbish in general.

I know that NYE week is expensive and there won't be many rooms left now let alone by November so I need to look at rebooking somewhere for as little money as possible.

Could anyone help with any suggestions. We were originally planning about $200 a night, but as we've already paid that it really needs to be as cheap as possible. Happy to consider LIC or anywhere right now.

:( :( :(

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Urgent help please

I would recommend calling your bank now Lyndsey. Although its a bank holiday most call centres are open 24/7 all year. The sooner you call the sooner you will know if they can help.

I hope they can help or that you find a suitable solution soon.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Urgent help please

Yes call them today but follow it up on Tuesday by going into the branch perhaps, if you get things moving there is a possibility you may get lucky, I hope so. xx

Credit cards are a very good thing, if you use them correctly. Although I did have one cancelled by the company as I always paid it off in full so they didn't make any money from me .............

Good luck, keep us posted.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Urgent help please

Hi all,

Just an update. I've been in touch with the hotel who confirmed that they haven't received money any monies from the booking agent, who would usually transfer payment when we check in.

We had the Wall Street inn booked for 1 night on the 30th and have now booked the following 6 nights with them on a fully cancellable/no deposit basis. Unfortunately we couldn't book it all in one go, so we now have three separate reservations with them(the 30th, the 31st and 1st and then 2nd-6th). Messy, but bookings.com is a reputable company and no monies left our account so it seemed the best option.

Once again, thank you all for all of your help, as ever you've been great.

Now I can go back to being excited an focus on trying to claim the money back from the other companies administrators.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Urgent help please

I would call the Wall Street Inn to see if they can combine your reservations. It would be a hassle to move rooms.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Urgent help please

Agreed. I was going to ring them tomorrow to confirm the bookings and see whether its possible (they're different room types based on what they had sold out etc).

Thanks for all of your help kateoz, I really appreciate it.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Urgent help please

Wall Street Inn is a nice place. We enjoyed staying there.

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Urgent help please

Hope they manage to sort you a continous but at least you'll be there even if you have to change rooms. Hope you have a great trip and get your money back

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
153 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Urgent help please

Glad it's coming together for you.

Could you please update us on getting your refund? We're pulling for you

Lindsey.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Urgent help please

Hi Lyndsey,

I read your post earlier this morning then happened to read this thread in another forum:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php…

I don't know if it will be of any help, but it looks like there are others who have paid for their hotels by methods other than credit card so might be of some assistance in knowing where to go to try and get your money back.

Really hope you get something sorted!

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Urgent help please

Thanks for the link Vicky!

I'll provide an update re getting money back if/when I get somewhere.

I feel much better now we have something else reserved :)