We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help please

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
871 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent help please

As some of you may have seen me posting over the past few months I had a holiday booked for NYE.

We had originally booked to stay at the Edison for 6 nights through a 3rd party booking company from the checking in on 29th of December and out on the 6th of January.

Unfortunately, I have just received an email to say the company has gone into insolvency and it is unlikely our reservation will be honoured (because they haven't passéd customer's money to hotels).

Due to the insolvency procedure they won't even be able to consider refunding any monies until November and even then it won't be guaranteed.

I am absolutely heartbroken as this holiday has taken an awful lot of saving for on mine and my boyfriends part. Not to mention it's just rubbish in general.

I know that NYE week is expensive and there won't be many rooms left now let alone by November so I need to look at rebooking somewhere for as little money as possible.

Could anyone help with any suggestions. We were originally planning about $200 a night, but as we've already paid that it really needs to be as cheap as possible. Happy to consider LIC or anywhere right now.

:( :( :(

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
871 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Urgent help please

You asked for an update and here it is.....

I received a full refund into my bank account today! I am pretty much ecstatic. I wasn't expecting to receive the money back at all, let alone this quickly.

I wrote to my bank requesting a refund via the Visa debit Chargeback scheme and included all evidence i had of their breach of contract. It was received by the bank yesterday and I already have the money.

Once again, thank you all so much for your help with hotels and the moneysavingexpert link.......and most importantly, for calming me down :D

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Urgent help please

oh great news :-)

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Urgent help please

Brilliant! Have a great holiday Lyndsey :-)

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
153 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Urgent help please

So happy for you Lyndsey

:-)

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Urgent help please

What fab news, thank you for letting us know. What are your plans now?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Urgent help please

So happy for you!

:)

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
871 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Urgent help please

Thanks everyone!

@josiem, we'll now be staying the full 7 nights at the Wall Street Inn, which is slightly more expensive but has very good reviews.... It's also away from Time Square on NYE, which we think is going to be a good thing!

Can get back to planning the itinerary now :)

38. Re: Urgent help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 05:18