We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early taxi from Millennium Hilton to JFK

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Early taxi from Millennium Hilton to JFK

As the title suggests, I'm looking for advice about getting an early taxi (approx. 4am) from the Millennium Hilton to JFK. What I'm wondering is, will we easily be able to spot a taxi at this time? I know it can be pretty quiet downtown outside of peak hours. Would we be better off getting the E train? We need to be at the airport for an 8am flight to London.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early taxi from Millennium Hilton to JFK

You don't need to get a taxi at 4am. If it were me, I would get one at 5am.

But I am never in the financial district at that hour so I am afraid I don't know the answer.

You could book a car service like Dial 7 or Carmel.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early taxi from Millennium Hilton to JFK

I would order a car from

dial7.com

or

allstatelimo.com

It will cost about the same as a cab and you won't have to worry about finding one at the exact time you need it. The trip should be very fast at 4 am. ;)

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early taxi from Millennium Hilton to JFK

One nice thing about Manhattan is there are taxis on the streets 24/7 and early in the morning they are often lined up outside hotels just waiting for someone like you. But if you are concerned about this you should order a car from one of the services already suggested, or ask you hotel concierge to do it for you.

4. Re: Early taxi from Millennium Hilton to JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 05:17