We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY Yankees

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
NY Yankees

Hi all. Just wondering where the easiest (and safest) place to get tickets from to see a game at the end of September?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY Yankees

Probably from the Yankees...

newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Boston...
Level Contributor
91 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NY Yankees

I don't know when you want to go, or how much you want to spend, but check out Goldstar.com, there are two options for games on 9/24 & 9/25 against Tampa Bay, a team in the hunt for 1st place.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NY Yankees

You might want to consider Stub Hub, I have purchased a number of tickets from them, including 2 tix to a Yankees game last year without issue. If you pick the ones that can be sent to you electronically you get the tix right then or within minutes.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY Yankees

yes - stub hub. great service.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NY Yankees

Another vote for StubHub !

http://www.stubhub.com/

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NY Yankees

www.stubhub.com, you just need to print your tickets out. I have used them a number of times when going to the Yankee and Giants games when I go to New York, just remember to use .com and not the UK site.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NY Yankees

We've also used Stubhub and they are very reliable, BUT, the prices are set by the sellers of the tickets, plus there is a service fee. If going directly through the Yankees sells at straight face value that might be less expensive, but I'd use Stubhub again.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NY Yankees

The Yankees official ticket website now have there own ticket exchange , for people wanting to buy/sell there unwanted tickets, no need to use "StubHub"

…mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/ticket_exchange.jsp

So if the game you are wanting to see is a sell out on the official tickets site have a look at the ticket exchange

Edited: 28 August 2013, 23:05
NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NY Yankees

There is probably no reason or need to pay a premium or fees for Yankee tickets this season. Last year, they weren't even close to selling out the playoff series vs. Detroit and the ushers were moving fans down from the upper deck to disguise that fact. I believe attendance this year has been less robust. If the Yankees are out of wildcard contention by the time you arrive, tickets will be plentiful.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NY Yankees

I also think tickets will be plentiful for those late September games, and that's why I'd advise looking all 3 places for the best deal: look at the face value ticket prices on the Yankees website, and then see what tickets are selling for on StubHub and on the Ticketmaster exchange.

The tickets on the two resale sites should be selling for less than face value...if there are face value tickets available direct from the Yankees, why would someone pay more? The resellers already own tickets they're not going to use, so they'd rather get something for them than nothing. Prices should keep going down as game day approaches (as long as the game doesn't sell out) as resellers try to get something for their remaining tickets.

If you get a ticket for well below face value, it's worth paying the StubHub or Ticketmaster fee.