We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel prices which months are low season?

toronto
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Hotel prices which months are low season?

also are weekends more expensive?

Thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

January and February tend to have the lowest hotel rates. Weekends tend to be cheaper in quite a number of areas and downtown in the Financial district in particular however off peak this may not be the case. Try some dummy bookings to check when rates are cheapest.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,789 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

Weekends are sometimes more expensive and sometimes less. It depends on what is driving prices for that particular time period. It may vary from week to week and from location to location.

Low season months: January and February usually have very low prices. March can be somewhat reasonable as well. July tends to have good prices. I think August gets more European travelers so prices can be higher than July.

Christmas week and Thanksgiving week often have good prices, but you have to be careful about timing and leave before demand shoots up for New Years, or for the post-Thanksgiving start of the Holiday shopping season.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

The Super Bowl will be at MetLife (East Rutherford) Stadium Feb. 2, 2014. Will it affect hotel prices around that time?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,972 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

Yes.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

I don't know how soon you are planning your trip but I just got an e-mail from the Skyline saying they have fall rates available. Assuming that they are typical, if you are planning a trip anytime soon, you may want to see if there is anything available for the coming weeks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

I have come at various times of the year and without a doubt Jan/Feb as noted is cheapest. I usually come for a long weekend too and Sunday night always has the cheapest rate. Friday/Sat depends on if there's something else that makes that weekend more desirable. I've found bargains two years running over the weekend before Thanksgiving, then leaving Monday or Tuesday before the Holiday flight rush out of the city.

7. Re: Hotel prices which months are low season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:23