We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

My husband and I will be in New York for 10 days next Summer and were wondering where would be the best place for us to be located. I am tossing up between the Hilton Park Ave or Trump Soho. We would like a safe area to walk at night with lots of shopping and eateries as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,761 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

I am beyond middle aged and find Park Avenue sterile. ThereIs more life as you head downtown and Soho is vibrant and far more appealing. Better restaurants, close to The East, West Villages, Chelsea, etc.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

SOHO, definitely

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

There is no Hilton Park Ave. if you mean the Waldorf, don't do it. Tired rooms, corporate surroundings.. There are many more hotels than these two and many more issues to consider than location. Frankly neither would be my pick. Trump International at Columbus Circle would be one great option- a location that puts you on the edge of 2 great areas- midtown and the upper west side; the former with many of the iconic tourist destinations and the latter with more of a neighborhood feel. The Beacon Hotel on the upper west side is one of the most popular suite hotels. For the same price as a room at ATrump Soho you can likely get a 1 bedroom suite at teh Beacon. AKA Central Park is another good option. If you want to stay in Soho, look at the James and Crosby St. S other options.

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

Oops you are right! Meant Hilton Park Lane. Thanks for your comments will do some research on these.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

There is no Hilton Park Lane in NYC. That's (maybe) London.. I've already said it's the Waldorf.

6. Re: Soho or Midtown New York for the middle aged?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 07:19