We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New start up engine for Hotel search

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New start up engine for Hotel search

I'm currently planning a trip to N,.Y. for the last week of October and I came across a site called hallst.com. Unlike Priceline or Hotwire, it gives you the name of the Hotel and the total cost of your stay and you can propose a lower price to the hotel and try to get if for less. They promise to get back to you in 30 minutes with the answer. When you send your offer to the Hotel, Hallst blocks the money and if the hotel accepts your offer it is released via Paypal or Visa otherwise it is unblocked and returned to your account. You can also resell your reservation to other members if you cannot use them. Have you heard anything about them? They seem to be reliable because the press has dedicated them some articles and radio programs. Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

never heard of them

I dont like the sound of their business model

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

Thank you. From what I've read, they've been in the market since last year. They have offices in London, Barcelona and Turkey.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

>>They seem to be reliable because the press has dedicated them some articles and radio programs.<<

I have never heard of the company and have no idea whether it's reliable, but media attention certainly does not mean a company is reliable and trustworthy. Be careful.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

cant see the hotels being thrilled with people "selling" their hotels rooms to others

also not thrilled with giving them my passport number to register

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

I wouldn't use them. They seem to have been around a very short time and I am wary of giving my money to non- established businesses. I am more wary because the website has issues - for instance, 'United states' or 'New york'. Not very professional.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

Thanks all of you for your help.

7. Re: New start up engine for Hotel search

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:21