We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

Fuquay-Varina...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

my hubby turns 40 next year and I want to surprise him with a trip NEXT year for the US OPEN. I can't spend too much (i homeschool our five young'uns) but I want it to be enjoyable.

i've read to stay in Murray Hill? then subway into to the city to do other stuff? take the train to Flushing?

any help with hotel suggestions to start with or areas would be great. i'm thinking tennis, a broadway show, good food and we're d.o.n.e. a long weekend... i know i need to get on some of this soon, but i don't know how soon...

thanks in advance!

1. Re: U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 16:53
Fuquay-Varina...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

thank you so much for your help and clarifications. i'm going to start in that direction.

Fuquay-Varina...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

just to clarify, when I looked on google maps, Murray Hill was the right of Flushing and above Queens... manhattan was way left... am I crazy or are there two Murray Hills?

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

The better known Murray Hill is a neighborhood on the East Side of Manhattan in the 30s.

There is a lesser known Murray Hill which is a quiet residential community in Queens east of Flushing. But when 95% of people say Murray Hill, they mean the one in Manhattan.

5. Re: U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 16:53
6. Re: U.S. Open 2014... Help Me...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:32