We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on a budget in NYC?

13 posts
Save Topic
Hotel on a budget in NYC?

Hi we are going on honeymoon to vages in July 2014 and want to do NYC for 4 nights on the way home to Ireland so I'm looking for a central hotel but for a small price can anyone help me out all I've seen are hotels for 800-1000 euro

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

What is your nightly budget in USD? And give us your exact dates if you have them.

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

Hi we want to stay on the 18th July for 4 nights think 500euro is our budget for 4 nights so that's 650 USD roughly

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

That's a low price for staying in Manhattan without a discount website or special sale and it's much too early to find discounts. One option is to book a hotel outside Manhattan that's cancelable and try bidding on Priceline closer to your trip. The Canal Park Inn, a b & b in Tribeca in Manhattan, has a room that would be close to your budget but it may be less flexible booking that.

http://www.thecanalparkinn.com/home.asp

Do you know what airports you'll be arriving and departing?

London, UK
Level Contributor
937 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

We stayed here last time we went when we were students- can't remember exact cost but must have been cheap! You share a bathroom though, which was fine. Location is good, near Empire State. www.hotel31.com/

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

Flying into and out of Newark if I stayed outside city would it cost a lot on trains etc to her around?she wants to go all the big shopping malls are they outside or inside city?

LCY
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

The best shopping is going to be inside the city... there will be tons of choices at all budget levels in Manhattan. You are the city for shopping!!! There is one big mall, Woodbury Commons, which is good too, but is not paralleled by the shopping you'll find within the city.

Finding a hotel for the rate you're looking won't be too difficult, except that booking so far in advance is not so easy. I would try Hampton Inn Soho if you're open to staying in the Village instead of Midtown Manhattan. There are also numerous Holiday Inns throughout Manhattan which are decent, clean and reliable. If this is your first visit, I would recommend staying in Manhattan.

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

Thanks for info will keep looking :)

13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

What about apartments?can u rent one for 4 nights?i don't mean someone's flat I mean a fancy one!!we are going to be on honemoon don't want to stay somewhere dull

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
871 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

I found the shopping In Vegas was so much better than I expected, so I wouldn't plan on bothering with the outlet malls outside of NYC.

There's plenty of shopping in Manhattan.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel on a budget in NYC?

No, you can't rent apartments for less than 30 days in New York City.

Malls are a Vegas thing, Manhattan has shops, and plenty of them.