We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knicks tickets vs. Atlanta

Southampton
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Knicks tickets vs. Atlanta

Hi there,

My fiancée and I are getting married in UK in early December this year and will be having our honeymoon in NYC. As a deal struck which sees me being dragged round a Sex And The City tour, she has agreed that we'll try to get to a Knicks game, namely vs. Atlanta on Sat 14th Dec.

I've tried looking at Ticketmaster, but the game isn't showing. Can anyone help with the following:

- Has it sold out already?!

- If not, when might individual tickets become available for international buyers?

- Is Ticketmaster the best way to go or StubHub?

- How much can I expect to pay for a couple of average priced seats?

- Who's gonna win?!

Many thanks. If we're unlikely to be able to get tickets, does anyone have any other suggestions for NYC sport - Dec 12th-18th? From what I've read, it looks like Giants tickets will be even harder to come by and maybe a bit cold for us flaky Brits!

Cheers guys,

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Famous Fat Dave's Food Tours
Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Revolution Rickshaws
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
Get Up and Ride
Bike Tours, City Tours, Day Trips
Art Smart
Private Tours, City Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knicks tickets vs. Atlanta

Congrats on the negotiation!

-No.

-Individual game tickets should become available for all by the end of the month(at the latest, early Oct.) You just have to keep checking.

-Ticketmaster or stubhub both work. I have used both.

-Price depends on what you define as "average". I went to appr 10 games last year. I saw the Knicks vs OKC(top team) and I believe the ticket was appr $120. You can get in the building for less.

-Knicks should win...if they are healthy. Hawks don't have Josh Smith anymore(their former best scorer.)

You should be able to get tickets. I would not worry about it. It just depends on what you would like to spend.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knicks tickets vs. Atlanta

just checked stubhub--theres lots of electroinic tickets availnow---since youre outside the US thats the only way to get tickets in advance of your trip.Im a die hard Hawks fan, but the knicks have a superior team so id guessthey will win.Try and get tickets on sides to see the action better if your not interested in great seats,i see lots around $90.For a pre game meal try Keens--its like a3minute walk from MSG

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knicks tickets vs. Atlanta

Correct. Season ticket holders have listed their tickets on stubhub..usually with a premium attached. You can go that route or wait to get tickets at face value via ticketmaster.

If you go the ticketmaster route, you can select "will call" and pick up the tickets the day of at MSG.

4. Re: Knicks tickets vs. Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:17