We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant similar to Blue Hill

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant similar to Blue Hill

Blue Hill has been our go-to higher-end restaurant to cap off the last several trips to Manhattan. For some reason the family wants to look for another similar place - real nice, with lots of veg/farm fresh and fish/fowl options, prepared in unusual ways. Doesn't matter where in Manhattan. Any suggestions?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

ABC Kitchen

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

ABC Kitchen is a restaurant I really love, but the vibe and decor are very different to Blue Hill. Closer to Blue Hill in that regard would be Gramercy Tavern. IMO you can't go wrong with either.

PS - ziggy, did you see my post from last night regarding the Madison Square Eats dates for Fall 2013? I've begun to train.... :)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

Yep, saw, noted, got distracted and forgot to respond

Does that mean you'll be able to get more than one item this time ;)

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

Thanks for alerting me to ABC, Looks perfect. Hope I can get a table in early Oct.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

I hope you like to eat early...I just looked on OpenTable and ABC Kitchen has 5:30 pm on 10/1, 10/7, 10/8, and 10/9, and 5:30 or 6 pm on 10/10 and 10/11.

More options for early October at Gramercy Tavern, except for on Friday/Saturday night, when again it's only 5:30 or 6 pm left.

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

Mas Farmhouse

http://www.masfarmhouse.com/

I really like ABC Kitchen but it is a bit of a scene and can get very noisy. Very different to Blue Hill for atmosphere.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

Mas looks good, Kate - I'll have to try it!

Ziggy, one thing each day from MadSqEats should be plenty... :)

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

I would also consider Telepan. The clientele is heavily neighborhood, but 15 Central Park West keeps the income of the neighborhood up! Bill Telepan is an immensely respected chef who values his suppliers the way Blue Hill does. Perhaps his place (he's about to open his first expansion) has less glamor, but it's a memorable meal.

9. Re: restaurant similar to Blue Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:18