We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab from Manhattan to EWR

Denmark
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Cab from Manhattan to EWR

Hi guys

We are going to NYC next month (2 adults and 1 child). We need to catch our flight back to Europe from EWR at 7.20pm on 28 October.

We are staying just next to Rockefeller Centre and would ideally like to take a cab from there directly to the airport.

Do you know whether it is easy to find a cab to go to the airport or do we need to prebook one (is this even possible?)

Hope you can help.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

Let's see what other say but I'd book a car service for about the same price that way you won't have to deal with the possible difficulty of getting a cab if it's raining or something

www.dial7.com

www.carmellimo.com

https://www.allstatelimo.com/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

I agree with the above

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

All cabs are required to take you to Newark Airport, so the question is "Is it easy to get a cab?" I don't think you'll have any problems. If you'd like, you can book a car service, but if you do, be sure not to pre-pay. I no longer recommend Dial 7 on this forum, though most of the problems I've seen from them involve not showing up at the airport, I've seen fewer complaints about not showing up at a hotel. That said, a cab is generally cheaper going TO the airport.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

You'll be leaving on a weekday in the rush hour. You never know how crowded the tunnel to New Jersey will be. I'd take a cab to Penn Station and then the NJ Transit train to Newark Airport rail station and then the AirTrain monorail from the station to your terminal. No traffic jams once you get to Penn Station.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

If you have a smartphone the Hailo app is a good bet. Just click order when you're ready and you'll have a proper yellow cab with you fairly quickly.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

You REALLY don't need a smartphone app to hail a cab in NYC! I read a story that it has been a "flop" so far as not many people are using it....

7. Re: Cab from Manhattan to EWR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:18