We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some Help with Hotels

Boston
Level Contributor
24,519 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Need some Help with Hotels

A couple of friends asked about a decent hotel to stay in that is in or around the Times Sq area, since wife and I only stay in the Marriott Marquis or Double Tree in Times Sq we are not that familiar with other hotels, that said, those two Hotels are too pricey for them, need something in the $300 Area that’s Decent or I will never hear the end of it.

Dates 9-29 for three nights or 9-30 for three nights.

Thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

There are a few on Quikbook in that range for that dates - Algonquin for one. There are too many to pick from without knowing their taste and criteria.

New York
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

Suggest they arrive on the 29th to reduce the total cost (Sunday nights are almost always cheaper than a weekday night). The Hotel Metro is available for an average rate of $269/night, before taxes -- for a total of $936 with taxes -- and would be a fine choice imo

http://www.hotelmetronyc.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d99392-R…

Edited: 13 September 2013, 16:49
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

Depends pn how close they want to be and whether the $300 is with or w/o tax. The Metro is really near Penn station. If I were going to stay in that area, the new Best Western Herald Square is imo better. The Paramount is ~$300/night plus tax on several websites. Hotwire has a 4* in Times Square for $272 plus tax that could be the Westin.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,519 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

$300 plus is fine, the Best Western looks decent.

Also looking at Park Central, On the Avenue at West 77, Metro, Gansevoort and a few others.

No matter what I told them to be prepared to spend a minimum of 350-400 with taxes and another $100 or so to park.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

The Park Central which, imo, WAS a dump, is newly renovated and may be fine. Great location. Teh Gansevoort is in the meatpacking district so nowhere near TS.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,519 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

" Teh Gansevoort is in the meatpacking district so nowhere near TS."

As I started looking for them I had to expand the serch a bit , LOL

Thanks

7. Re: Need some Help with Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:18