We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knick Tickets- April 2014

Melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Knick Tickets- April 2014

Hi - Is there a different site other than Ticketmaster I should be looking on for Knick games played at Madison Square Garden?

I'm looking at a game in April, and some games come up on Ticketmaster, but not games that are played at the Garden. I think they have them on Stub Hub already, but I'd prefer to buy direct if possible

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

they may not be on sale yet. Just keep checking.

Stub Hub is perfectly legitimate. You may well get better deals than through Ticket Master and it's outrageous fees!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

I would also suggest stubhub. You can get an instant download of the ticket if you choose....

Melbourne
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

Great, thanks for the feedback- with Stubhub, I wanted to look at the UPS options so I coud have a physical ticket, but that's no good as I wouldn't get them until a few days before the game and I will already be in the US by that time.

With the electronic ones- I guess my hesitation is that I've heard of people here in Aus (not sure if you have the same issue) getting electronic tickets to concerts etc, and just selling the same one over and over again, just sending out the ticket email to multiple people. Do you know of anything that stops this possibly occurring? Would you buy electronic tickets?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

I have purchased NBA tickets twice off Stubhub when in the US and gone with the electronic ticket option. I bought tickets for one game before I left Australia and bought tickets for another game when I was in the US. I had no problems with receiving and using the tickets and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

From what I understand, most NBA tickets are re-sold by season ticket holders who can't or don't want to attend certain games. I assume these tickets can be traced back to the seller pretty easily, so there's much less chance of them doing something dodgy like re-selling the same ticket over and over again. I'm pretty sure Stubhub also offers a money back guarantee if something goes wrong with the tickets you purchase.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

I liked StubHub - thought the filters for seats, views, $$$ and delivery type were fabulous.

We did use the email delivery option. It was my first priority for picking a re-seller. We bought the tickets in mid Oct for a game in mid Dec and when the confirmation note came through it said that the tickets would be delivered on ~13 Dec. OK for us, but just for printing at home (but there was a printer in the Business Centre at the Hotel and so I knew it would be fine).

Well the tickets arrived a few days after we booked them...nice surprise.

I would highly recommend them from that perspective.

Others say seats do turn up on Ticketmaster and suggest waiting. Have you seen the thread 'ticketmaster versus stubhub'? It's includes very useful info from the locals who know.

But that note about people 'multi selling' sounds scary. I am looking forward to hearing if that really happens or if the system prevents it.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 03:28
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

Here's the thread:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6740…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

I only do e-tickets when buying from stubhub. Physical tickets are not as common as you think right now with the Internet and resellers being so popular.

8. Re: Knick Tickets- April 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:18