We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could only say one thing......

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
If you could only say one thing......

If you could only say one thing/give one bit of advice to first time visitors what would it be?

I am visiting NYC in a few weeks and coming from London. I ask this because I live in London and always answer questions for visitors with the same answer. Now the boot is on the other foot and I am becoming the visitor.

So what is your one thing?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: If you could only say one thing......

Make sure you factor time into your itinerary to get from A to B. The subway is fast but it's not instant. I think a lot of people forget that.

Sweden
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: If you could only say one thing......

Slappyknight - sounds like you enjoy traveling the same way I do. Just 'being' and soaking up the atmoshere has been some of the best spent time I did while in NYC.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
368 posts
1,007 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: If you could only say one thing......

The one thing I'd say is take your time and just let the city lead the way. Every corner seems to hold a new adventure. I love the place.

Ohio
Level Contributor
9,334 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: If you could only say one thing......

Don't try to follow a moment by moment itinerary. NYC is all about the magical, unexpected moments that can be missed if you're on a tightly timed itinerary.

35. Re: If you could only say one thing......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:21