We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York New Year's Eve !

cork
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New York New Year's Eve !

Me and my girlfriend are travelling from Ireland to New York on the 27th of dec til da 1st of jan. where would be the best place to celebrate New Year's Eve ? Will all the tourist attractions be open durin da days we will be there ? Thanks for you help !

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

All of the attractions will be open during your stay.

The best place to celebrate is Times Square...however, you will have to be prepared to stand in the cold for hours....without any booze.

You can search some older threads for other NYE options.

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

We are looking forward to New years eve in times square but are willing to pay a bit to get some warm and drinks. Ideas Please. Not Bubba Gumps or Hard Rock. Enjoy Cork Folk

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

Are you looking for dinner, a lounge, a club?

Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

Hiya, I'm staying at the chatwal so was thinking dinner at the lambs club early on and a stroll as close to the action late on Or a bar alongside times square from 4ish? I understand I'll need a ticket but iv never been so I don't have a clue what's there.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

My wife and I were there a few years ago and we bought tickets to a party at the Old Castle Pub. They had good food, karaoke, bathrooms and heat. Then a few minutes before midnight we got to run down on 7th Avenue for the countdown. Beats standing on the street for hours on end.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

You will find a number of suggestions here:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k6948…

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

Expect to pay higher than normal prices for dinner etc....many venues jack up their prices for this evening - just wanted to make you aware of the practice.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

Me and my partner bought ticket to Tony's in Times Square for meals, drinks and entertainment and then at midnight they walk you out into Times Square to watch the ball drop. Tickets were $400 per person.

9. Re: New York New Year's Eve !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:17