We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Hotel and 4th of July

Nottingham
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on Hotel and 4th of July

Hi all

My and my fiancée will be touring a few places in the United States next year for our honeymoon and one place she has always wanted to go is New York City, I think its because of all the shops hehe

We have booked into the Distrikt hotel and wanted to know if anyone knew of it and if it was a good location etc, it seems to be on the map but New York City is sooo big :)

We are also arriving to New York on July 4th and wanted to know if many bars have parties etc for us to join in the celebrations!

Thanks a lot :)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Hotel and 4th of July

July 4th is a Friday in 2014 so bars will be crowded. I wouldn't say that there are "celebrations" in bars......but the ones that have TV's will show the fireworks and you can bet that it will be a good time. I would definitely either try to get a spot to see the fireworks live, or, watch it on TV somewhere.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Hotel and 4th of July

I have taken one of the cruises on July 4 and think it is a great way to see the fireworks. Stick with a reputable company like NY Waterway, Statue Cruises, Circle Line or Sail NY, as there are some promoters who charter boats and you often don't get what you pay for.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Hotel and 4th of July

Ah thank you

A cruise sounds like an amazing way to see it :)

4. Re: Thoughts on Hotel and 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:20