We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

Myself and 2 girlfriends need transportation from our hotel in Times Square to the IZOD center in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Saturday, November 9th. The concert starts at 8:00 pm and it is a Saturday night, so I realize that traffic may be high at this point.

On google maps, it says that it is about a 20 minute drive to the concert venue. Is anyone familiar with this area, and is this an accurate time frame? Also - is a taxi the preferred form of travel to get to NJ from Manhattan?

Should I book a car to pick us up? Thank you!!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
14,811 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

Bus: www.meadowlands.com/parking/By_Bus.aspx

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

Take the 351 Express Bus from Port Authority (one block from Times Square).

Crossing state lines in a taxi is no small accomplishment. You may be surprised to learn that most NYC taxi drivers are not at all familiar with New Jersey (except Newark Airport which is the only place in New Jersey they are required to take you). So, they're not required to take you to NJ - they may or may not take you but the fare will be whatever you agree on (and they may say $75. - who knows) Take the bus - it is reliable and hassle-free.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

Thank you so much - this is very helpful.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

Thank you for this link!

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

Hi, I'm also a "Newfiechick" and also going to the JT concert! Woo hoo! I've taken that Port Authority bus trip to IZOD a couple of times before; it's very easy and cheap, so don't worry. You can just go to the Coach USA booth at the bus station and ask for a return ticket to the concert at IZOD. I've usually tried to leave about two hours prior to the concert start time. Maybe we'll see you there! :)

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

351 Schedule: coachusa.com/info/coachusa/ss.351express.asp

7. Re: Transportation from Times Sq to East Rutherford, NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 05:18