We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Hi Folks,

We're heading to NYC for the dates above and can't figure out what kind of clothes to bring-

I've been to NY twice in September and its been pretty warm & dry. Is October much different?

All advice welcome!

Thanks

G x

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

I would bring clothing for 70 degree days(maybe warmer or cooler) and 50 degree evenings(maybe warmer or cooler.)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Don't forget some sort of rain protection. I wear a moderate rain jacket with a hood because carrying an umbrella on the crowded streets can be challenging.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Brilliant-

Will pack a raincoat (or go shopping for one as soon as I arrive!)

Cheers

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Good, comfortable, well broken into shoes as you will be walking a lot. Bring two as it is always good to change mid-day for comfort.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,644 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

I found October very changeable. One day hot, then a few days later fairly cold and wet. You can't predict or change the weather so be prepared for variables. But it's a great time of year for walking.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Check the weather closer to your trip. I'm in Chicago on business that week - have no idea what Im packing until the Friday before. Layering will be necessary.

Most of us carry umbrellas but a rain coat or jacket with removable lining is a good thing.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 23 September 2013, 22:48
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Hi,

I posted a similar question a few days ago ..its heading is packing dillema if you want to scroll thru..lots more good advice on that post.xx

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

Yes, you should check a weather forecast just before you travel. I'd bring a light raincoat, with a sweater to wear underneath if necessary. There will almost certainly be some cool/cold and rainy weather during the week you'll be here. And if not, so much the better.

In other words, prepare for weather a bit like you might find in Dublin, maybe with less rain and more sun.

-- Steve

9. Re: What clothes to bring for October 11-18th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:21