We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

I am traveling to NYC for the first time this fall. I can get tickets in Row E, Premium seats for $477. Or Center Mezzanine, row D for $290. Having never been to the Eugene ONeill theater, I do not know if the price would be worth it.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,074 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

I was in the side of the orchestra for this one & had no problem but then I'm used to sitting as an usher which means I can sit just about anywhere.

However, usually for musicals, I like to sit in the mezzanine so that I can see the choreography.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

Are you asking if it's worth it? My answer is, no. Someone else, maybe different.

Are you looking at the official website, or at an entrepreneurial reseller? The problem is that you're shopping way too close to show date for an extremely popular event. You might want to consider some long-running shows that you haven't seen, that might even be on sale below face value.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,074 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

I thoroughlg enjoyed Book of Mormon. However, the opening numbers of both acts is a parody of something called the Hill Commorow (sp?) pageant which is put on by the Church of Latter Day Saints on or near the site where the "golden tablets" were "found" & I also worked with a direct descendant of Joseph Smith who wasn't really kind to the church. Since I had that background, I had an excellent idea of what all the inside jokes were about (unlike Vanya & Sonia etal where I wished I had a better grasp of Chekov to get all the jokes.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,074 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

Oops, I should have hit preview. I meant to say I saw the Hill Commouroh (still spelled wrong) pageant as it is put on not to far from here in Syracuse.

new york
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

I would never pay 477 for this show. Some people obviously would and do. I sat in the rear mezzanine on an $85 ticket and was perfectly happy. If the 290 for center mezz is fine with you then that would be my choice (again, personally I wouldn't pay that much but since you asked you are obviously comfortable with the cost). It is a very funny, well done show.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

The mezzanine is more than all right, especially at that price. It's a small theatre - we sat in the first row of the mezzanine and did not miss a moment of the action.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

I've been to BOM three times and have sat in the orchestra section each time. The second time we had seats very near the front - probably about Row E - and it was actually too close for my preference. We could see the actors' microphones, and the very expressive expressions on their faces were a tad too over the top that close up. Went again a month ago and sat a bit further back in the orchestra section and it was perfect. :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

Make sure you're buying tickets from the official seller Telecharge, they'll still be high but your choices sound like a reseller. I was seated in Orchestra around row 15 and it was a good view. Due to an "incident" I was moved to the third row during intermission. I LIKE being that close, I think row E would be great.

9. Re: Broadway Book of Mormon tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:19