We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

From everything I've read here (and we thank you all), we plan to purchase one of these cards.

Can we buy one at LGA when we land?

Thank you (in advance).

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

Yes, there will be machines in the terminal

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

The machines that I know of are in the Main Terminal. Say you're arriving at the Marine Air Terminal or on Delta / US Airways, you might need to take a free bus to the Main Terminal but they are located very near the bus stop. For all the bad things people say about the MTA and the Port Authority, at least they had the smarts to put the MetroCard machine near the bus stop and not in the Admirals Club.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

Thank you for your replies. We are coming in on United. Is that the terminal where we can purchase these cards?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

im planning on doing the same but arriving at jfk from the uk can u purchase them at this airport ?

Blackburn
Level Contributor
128 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

Yes. Buy them at the subway station rather than where you pay for the AirTrain.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

Pretty sure United lands at the main LGA terminal, you can google up "LGA" and find a map on their site. The machines there are right inside the walkway adjacent to the bus stops.

I usually fly there via Delta that uses Terminal C and just walk over to the main terminal.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

We bought them in the Marine terminal at LGA. In the terminal area there is a shop that sells candy, gum, etc....with a live person. You actually buy the passes from a live person and talk to him! What a novel experience! I don't know if the shop is open all hours, but we arrived mid day.

8. Re: 7 Day Regular Unlimited Metro Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:19