We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody know where this photo was took?

Scotand, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Does anybody know where this photo was took?

I noticed the following pic which was took by somebody on a recent visit to NYC, if anybody knows the location of this interesting art piece, then I would be very grateful. Many thanx!

http://web.mit.edu/~mip/www/photos/NY/Apple%20exposition.jpg

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

no idea but i love the apple :o)

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

If only you had captured the address, just a little to the left!

The building is familiar but I can't identify the location. It looks like it could be along 6th Ave. or 3rd Ave. I'm sure the apple is a temporary exhibit. I'll try and pay attention when I walk around and see if I spot it for you. I'm sure in the meantime some observant person will be able to identify it for you.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

that's an apple by nicole horlacher called "sparkle city." it's at 1411 broadway (at 39th st), which is the world apparel center building in the garment district. the jones apparel group is in the building, and they're the ones that sponsored the sparkle city apple.

Scotand, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

Many thanx!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

calypsogirl - "we are not worthy!"

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

Does anyone know if it is just this one apple on display, or are there others? When my mom and I visited in September 2004, we found differently decorated apples in various areas of the city. Two that I recall are ones that we took our pictures in front of: one was painted with a city scene, and it was in front of the hotel that is across from the WTC site, and the other was in front of the then-closed FAO Schwartz. It was a large clear plastic apple with lots of little apples inside it. It was sponsored by DKNY, and advertised their perfume "Be Delicious." We figured they must be part of some art display for the "big apple." I've seen decorated pigs displayed in Cincinnati, too (although I have no idea why), so I thought this must be the same sort of thing.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

queens- LOL!

about the apples...there are more than one, there are several all over the city as part of the big apple fest. it's a public art project that benefits charities, and artists are commissioned to decorate an apple. i believe they're displayed starting on labor day and stay up throughout the fall.

here's the website with photos of the apples: http://tinyurl.com/qfw2u

http://www.bigapplefest.org/

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

Thanks, calypsogirl - you are a wealth of information! That site showed the apples we saw on that trip. The ones I referred to in my post above are called Bejeweled City and DKNY Be Delicious, which I found by using the alphabetical index. If my trip over Labor Day weekend actually happens, I'll be sure to look for them!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

calypsogirl...that was some great detective work, and thanks for the site link.

NYC
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anybody know where this photo was took?

Wow - I'm gonna look around for some as I wander through the city ... neat Thanks for all the info. Ta. MMM!