We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

Port-au-Prince...
1 post
Save Topic
passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

hello there,

I'm working now on haiti as humanitarian, i'm coming from belgium and i would invite a friend from congo rd to reach me and find work here for her

My problem's the jfk airport on NY, she's african and normally, she have to stay in the transit areas during her trip between three planes (kinshasa>casablanca(1)> casablanca>new-york (2)new-york>port au prince (3))

My problem's only JFK .. could she stay in the transit area waiting her last plane without american visa ou complicated process from american authorities and more than 12 hours in this area ?

thanks for tell me something about it,

jean pol

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,900 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

No. U.S. airports do not have transit areas. A visa is required to connect through any U.S. airport.

2. Re: passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 October 2013, 17:13
New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

You can not transit the U.S. without authorization to enter the U.S.

Among the reasons - our departing flights are not in a secured area where passengers wouldn't be able to exit. There is no way for an airline to transfer a passenger and ensure they actually continue on to Port Au Prince. Once you're on U.S. soil, unlike London Heathrow where you can't get out of Terminal 3 for instance without "clearing" customs, at JFK you'd simply be able to choose not to board the Port Au Prince flight, get on the JFK AirTrain and head right into New York City.

4. Re: passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 October 2013, 17:13
Edited: 08 October 2013, 17:13
5. Re: passenger coming from africa to port au prince/haiti

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:23