We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOL ticket advice

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SOL ticket advice

Hi, looking at SOL tickets for my trip in December (18th-23rd) and they are becoming thin on the grind! We are looking at moths Friday (20th) catching the 9AM ferry (we are staying in midtown so should be Kay with timings) however we plan to shop afterwards... Is this a viable option? We don't want to get to either battery park and have to wait hours or likewise wait on the island to get off. We only really want to see the statue itself and go up the crown so hopefully we should buy be there 2 hours max actually on the island!! Any advice appreciated as tickets are going faster than ever now!!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,100 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,648 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SOL ticket advice

I don't understand your question. What are you asking?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,558 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SOL ticket advice

You seem to be using local vernacular unfamiliar to most, and perhaps are the victim of too many auto-corrects. I think I almost understand what you are asking.

You should plan for at least 4 hours total time, maybe longer. The 9am ticket time is not the time for when your ferry departs. It's the time you are allowed to enter the queue for the ferry. There are security screenings, etc. You will probably have a wait.

You can go shopping after the SOL. Stores will be open late into the evening. If you are asking if you will have time for shopping between the SOL and something else you have planned later in the day, you forgot to include that info.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SOL ticket advice

Sorry about that!! Basically how long would it take us to go to the statue and go up the crown?? How likely are delays/ massive queues at the ferries at 9AM etc?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SOL ticket advice

You should be back in Manhattan by 1pm.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SOL ticket advice

Thanks for the advice, looks like we will get the 9AM (and that's is definitely the time we can start queuing and not the time of the ferry??). And if we can get back manhattan for 1ish then that will keep the girlfriend happy about the shopping!! Plus sorry about the nonsense I may have spoken... I'm blaming the lateness and my iPads silly autocorrect!!

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: SOL ticket advice

So we got the 9AM tickets for the thursday (because 2 weren't available for the friday) but can I just ask can we collect the tickets the day before or something? That way we can just turn up and queue for the ferry.

Thanks

7. Re: SOL ticket advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:18