We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to plan a day!

Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to plan a day!

Hi!

Now Statue of Liberty tickets are available for our trip can you help me create a plan for that day?!

On our must do list South Manhattan are the 9/11 memorial and Brooklyn bridge. We are travelling with a 9 and 13 year old so anything else in the area you recommend and I will take note! I think they'd both like shake shack and Eileen's cheesecake so maybe we can do these on this day?

What time would you recommend we book the tickets? I got a bit confused over the timings, it says crown access time on the website but other forums have said it's the ferry time... Is it worth the effort in January!

What would you pair our trip to the statue with? We have 6 nights so I don't want to rush but just be efficient!

Many thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to plan a day!

Due to the government shutdown, you may not be able to buy tickets to the Statue of Liberty in the next few days or more depending on how long the insanity lasts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to plan a day!

I recommend booking as early as possible in the day as ferry queues get longer as the day goes on.

You should plot everything you want to see on a map, then group the activities together by neighborhood, by day. Do everything downtown near the SoL on the same day, for example.

statuecruises.com/frequently-asked-questions…

What does the time on my ticket mean?

The time on your ticket is the entrance to the Boarding Queue for the ferry. Please line up in the Reserve ticket line prior to the time on your ticket. At the appointed time, you will be allowed to enter the Boarding Queue. Upon arrival at Battery Park or Liberty State Park you will pass through the screening facility. After passing through screening, you will board the next available ferry to Liberty Island. If you have crown tickets, we recommend you proceed directly to the information booth upon your arrival at Liberty Island.

Itu, São Paulo...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to plan a day!

In my opinion, as NYC is really easy to explore, the best way to plan a day is to just go outside with no clear idea. When we stood there we did it visiting central park and the museum, ate in a italian restaurant.. and was great.. best day ever.

Also I would like to thank Francesco Pansardi that was great by giving us tips about nice places to visit and stay.

4. Re: Best way to plan a day!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:39