We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

Hi everyone,

I need some recommendations or feedback or ANYTHING on accomodation in New York in February. Ive travelled to NYC before, however this time i am doing it solo and in Winter so id like to stay in a central area, not too pricey, safe etc.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

As always, you need to provide your exact dates and nightly budget in USD. "Not too pricey" means different things to different people.

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

SORRY -- my first time posting here :)

From January 31st to Febuary 12th... nightly budget from approx 200 per night!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

Just know the Super Bowl in nearby NJ happens the first weekend in Feb

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

The Super Bowl will affect hotel pricing and availability for the first part of your trip. It's scheduled for Sunday, Feb 2. Once that clears away, hotels should be at rock bottom prices with good availability, which is great news for you!

A good strategy would be divide your trip into two chunks and look at hotel listings for each (e.g. Manhattan Hotels for Feb 3-12), otherwise lots of good options won't show up at all due to lack of availability for Super Bowl weekend.

For the beginning part of your trip, you may be able to find something in Manhattan that will be fine for a few days until you move to more comfortable accommodations. Or you may want to stay just outside of Manhattan but still a short subway ride away (e.g. Long Island CIty in Queens). Forum members can help. Remember to consider your overall budget as you might spend > $200 for this weekend, but <$200 for the balance of your trip.

Think about what you want in a hotel. What would you live to have in your immediate neighborhood? Are you into casual (or trendy) "neighborhood gem" restaurant? trendy bars? casual local pubs? fabulous "cheap eats" ethnic food? Strolling around through streets filled with funky shops, galleries, whatever? Are you an uptown girl or a downtown girl? :-D Do you plan to do a lot of theater? Museums?

Personally, for a long stay, I really like to have a room with at least a fridge and microwave, but ideally a kitchen. It can get tedious eating every meal out (especially during winter), I hate throwing so many fabulous leftovers away from big restaurant meals, and I hate seeing so many fabulous foods in markets that I have to forego because I can't store them to eat later (or to prepare later). If that's important, include that info. Yes, there may be hotels with kitchens within your budget for the latter part of your trip.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

There is a budget hotel on the Upper west side that is very clean and that will probably have good prices at that time of year, it is called the Milburn. They have mini kitchenettes. It is not the Ritz, but it is spotless.

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

Thank you for ALL your feedback!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

the pod hotel is cheap and clean, two locations, some bedrooms offer bathrooms and some shared.

8. Re: Solo Accomodation in New York in Febuary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19