We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

Hi, We are coming to NYC for 3 nights, 4 day in November, this will be are 1st time so we want to make the most of every minute here, so i am thinking of getting a taxi when we land just for the quickest & easiest, Would you say this is the best way?

am i right in thinking a taxi from Newark Airport to Times square hotels is a set price? if not could anyone give me a rough cost.

thank you

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Special Offer
Madame Tussauds New York
149 Reviews
from US$31.49*
US$37.03
Hard Rock Cafe Prix-Fixe Menu in New...
14 Reviews
from US$32.49*
Special Offer
New York Double Decker Bus Night Tour
150 Reviews
from US$29.00*
US$49.00
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,178 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

Taxi's have to battle traffic. This can be stacked up at the tunnel, so invariably isn't the quickest way to your hotel.

Also, there are a lot of hotels that say they're "Times Square" but sometimes are up to a mile away, so really you need to tell us what hotel you're staying in.

The easiest way IMO is to take the AirTrain to Newark Airport Train Station, then the NJ Transit into Penn Station. From there, get a taxi through to your hotel, but depending where your hotel is, depends which way you walk out of the train station.

M

Mentioned in this post
Times Square
Times Square
43,352 Reviews
New York City, NY
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

Unless you're coming very late at night, the train will be faster than a taxi.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

thanks, we are stopping at the night hotel @ times square.

We land about 12 in afternoon.

Will we be ok with a suit case on the train?

Also is our hotel in walking distance from the train station or will we need to jump in a cab?

thank you

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

We did the train, easy peasy, $12.50 each way. I will definitely do that again.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

thank you, i think we will just jump on the train then, seem easy enough. Do i buy the tickets for the train from the airport or when we get on the train?

thanks

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,833 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

Instructions for Airtrain are here www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-airtrain.html

and also at www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv… -- same information, just presented a little differently.

It's a 15 min walk from Penn Station (where the train from the airport takes you) to your hotel -- see map http://tinyurl.com/kj5cpv8 You can also hop on a cab also, of course, which will probably be easier

Edited: 03 October 2013, 17:01
7. Re: Taxi from EWR to times square hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19