We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
250 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

We are going for a 2:30 lunch this coming Friday and I'd like to start planning my weekend getaway wardrobe. Would really like to wear a dressy pencil skirt with a tight fitting jcrew jean jacket buttoned up to top with some kind of statement necklace over the collar (possibly...). Is the jean jacket acceptable attire for this restaurant. I'll be wearing heels as well.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

While no one is going to critique you for what you wear, you need to be comfortable with how you look. I am one of those people particular about my attire. While I won't wear denim to an "occasion" which is consider lunch at Le Bernadin to be, only you can decide that. There are some people who look FAB in denim, others not. It's your call. The pencil skirt and the heels are a far cry from what I see a lot of people wear when dining "OUT". Wear what you want with grace and confidence and have fun. Enjoy the lunch.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

I think I knew I shouldn't when I posted, so I appreciate your subtle nudge. We are also heading to Del Posto on sunday for dinner. Is that equally dressy or can be a teeny bit more casual there?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

Agree with WE Queen. I wouldnt wear a jean jacket to Bernardin (without something underneath it??? What if you get hot?). But I can't imagine you'd be turned away. If the "jean" is not blue denim but black denim or a color..more better.;)

New York
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

Is this the J. Crew denim jacket?

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/outerwear/cottondenimjackets/PRDOVR~32445/32445.jsp

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

NYWhiz, I never even imagined she would have nothing under the jacket! That said with a big smile, same advice more or less for Del Posto. I went for lunch early spring and it was rather quiet. Not a very stylish crowd, more visitors (like us or sorts) and expense account diners, so it all depends on you, the mirror and your comfort level.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

Last year's version. A little lighter in color. But the pp convinced me not to wear it. I was hoping to down size my luggage and mix and match things for the weekend, but it's probably a better idea to wear a dress.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

I haven't really started to look at the weather yet. You may need a little cardigan just in case. Airconditioning is one factor.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

enjoy le bernardin

9. Re: Le Bernardin: can I wear this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 06:19