We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

Where should we stay? We are typical tourists. Three of four have never been to NYC. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

Why are you limited to these 3 hotels? There are probably better options out there. If you provide your exact dates, number of beds required and exact budget in USD, we might be able to provide other recommendations.

Of these, I guess I would pick the Holiday Inn or the Salisbury. I don't like the Park Central.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

The Park Central has actually been renovated. But for 4 people in one room, I'd at least want 2 queen beds which none of these have. So Ill also ask why these 3?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

We're going as part of a large group and got a tremendous rate, but these are the hotels offered to us.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

Don't want to party poop experts, especially NYWHIz whom I respect....but I have stayed at park central, 4 years in a row, last being 2010 and for price I got, 2 doubles, comfy, clean, shower good, location great, service great........this would be my choice.......

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

You are not disagreeing with me Sparky. I pointed out the Park Central is newly renovated. But I still think if these folks are going to be 4 in one room, a hotel with 2 queen beds is better or a suite. If it's the Holiday Inn EXPRESS Chelsea, they have rooms with 2 queens. The Salisbury offers some 1 bedroom suites with 2 double beds and a sofabed. If you'll be getting 2 rooms, the Park Central newly renovated would be my pick.

6. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 19:27
New York
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

James, spamming the boards here is against TA policy.

8. Re: Park Central, Holiday Inn (Chelsea and 6th) or Salisbury ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:16