We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

Hi,

Any tips on how to book online for foreigners? I keep on getting an error message about the zipcode. I have tried various things like leaving it blank and putting in zeros but it doesnt work. This is for the part where you put in your credit card details and I need to put in an Australian address as that's the address associated with the credit card.

Spent hours trying the booking last night but just can't do it!

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

I don't recall having this problem but I would just suggest trying to use any real US postcode ... even 90210 (of Beverly Hills fame) if you want.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,559 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

I seem to recall that there was a tab to click for non-US bookings. I also seem to recall that I had some difficulty with the phone number thing, but not the Ozzie postcode at the payment stage.

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

Thanks for your replies. I'm still getting this error message:

Problem with Billing Zip Code: If your credit card was issued by a US bank, then you must enter a valid US zip code in the billing address. If your credit card was not issued by a US bank, then leave the billing zip code field empty.

[Error ID: 304A]

I followed the instructions and left the field empty but still get the error message. I also tried putting in a USA zip code too. I selected ''Australia" for the country, but can't find a separate tab for the booking (just a country field in online booking form).

I'm out of ideas now. Sent them an email via their ''contact us" section so hopefully they will respond.

Thanks again for all your help on the forum.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

I have just checked my AMTRAK Sales Receipt from 1 Sept 2012....It has my Melb address and this:

"ZZ NOZIPC" and it obviously worked......

That's no help really, maybe they've changed it in the last 13 months...I have no other emails with their response to me asking how to do it, and neither of us can remember a really difficult problem with this....

Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

Thanks so much for checking, I might give them a call and try to book over the phone if I don't get a reply to my email.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

Nope they have not changed it recently , I booked our Amtrak tickets a few weeks ago and just followed the prompts and no zip code was put in so my receipt also shows ZZ NOZIPC , didn't have a problem. Maybe check that your computer is not throwing up a fire wall as it is an overseas purchase ( I have had that problem with an airlines online check in and my computer before , darn annoying )

7. Re: Help! Amtrak online booking zipcode

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:19