We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York City Tour

Mexico City, Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
New York City Tour

I'm visiting New York City with my family and we are just going to spend a few days. We want to move around the city in the Subway. However, I would like to know if there are tourist guide or tours using the subway. this is in order to save time and not getting lost.

Luis Garza

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York City Tour

You would have to get a private guide to arrange such a thing.

We do have the double decker buses like you have in Mexico City. That is a good way to get an overview of the city with your family for a first trip.

Otherwise, the subway is similar to the metro - you need to know the right line and the end of the route - and you follow signs for the line in that direction. Most of Manhattan is a numbered grid so it's relatively easy to know if you want to go uptown or downtown based on where you are.

suitcaseready.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,957 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York City Tour

realnewyorktours.com

uses subway and walking to get around. Good idea and well reviewed here.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d11…

They do group tours as well as private.

3. Re: New York City Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:20