We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

Just thinking we might try to make it to the super bowl this year (whether or team makes it or not), but I'm wondering if we can stay on the west side of New York and still be able to get to the Met Life Stadium fairly seamlessly and still be able to see the sights that New York has to offer? We were look at the Lucern Hotel ... thoughts, concerns, ideas?? Thanks everyone!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

You can get to Metlife Stadium from anywhere in NYC. Are you planning on going to the game or just being in NY/NJ for the atmosphere?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

It will be easy from the Upper West Side - just take the subway down to Pot Authority and hop on a bis to MetLife Stadium. (Not sure how chaotic things will be for the Super Bowl, but that's the normal way to get out there from Manhattan).

Out of curiosity, since you live in Idaho...is your team the Seahawks, or the Broncos, or...? :)

3. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 16:35
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

haha

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

Port Authority, obviously. Although the Idahoans may know of a real Pot Authority in neighboring Washington State.

Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

Not sure what got deleted but I assuming it was funny! I'm definitely a Seahawks fan but it would be to take my family on a fun trip and my son is DYING to see New York. If the Seahawks made it then we'd be in HEAVEN!

Another question ... if we flew into Newrk (sp?) is it easy to get to an Upper West Side hotel from there? What would be the best mode of transport? I can't believe how cheap the flights are right now!

Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

One last question ... does anyone know when the 911 memorial is supposed to open? Another big thing my son would love to see. What else is going on in New York during February?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,079 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

I think you better check Game ticket prices before you plan your trip :)

And as much as I love New York, I'd pick a year when it's in a DOMED stadium.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 20:48
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

**What else is going on in New York during February?**

Times Square will become Super Bowl Blvd:

dnainfo.com/new-york/20130611/times-square-t…

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,079 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gearing up for a potential Super Bowl trip

The least expensive ticket right now on Stubhub is $3,419.00 per ticket, and they go up from there.