We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Public Library exhibitions

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,391 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
New York Public Library exhibitions

Is there a permanent exhibition at the NYPL, or only the temporary ones? I can find info about the temporary ones on the website, but I'm not sure if all the people who visit are going for the architecture or if there's a permanent exhibition of historical documents, etc. This would partially determine if we want to visit and for how long, as we're limited on time.

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Public Library exhibitions

I personally just go for the amazing architecture , lovely paintings , walking up the main stone steps , and the next time I will be visiting with my son to see Winnie the Pooh and his friends

www.nypl.org/locations/tid/36/node/5557

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Public Library exhibitions

I think it's worth visiting but - for the sake of comparison - there's nothing like the Sir John Ritblat Gallery at the BL.

If you're after souvenirs, the shop at the library has a great selection.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Public Library exhibitions

Don't know when you are coming but if you are going to be anywhere near Lincoln Center during the day, the Library for the Performing Arts has some great exhibits that will be around through January and you might want to check out the more permanent exhibits at The Morgan Library and the Library at the Masonic Temple is open to the Public during the week.

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,391 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Public Library exhibitions

Thanks. That helps me get an idea of what's there. We won't be there until spring, but I'll keep an eye out for upcoming exhibitions. I have the Morgan Library on the list already.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York Public Library exhibitions

You should also keep track of the Schomburg library because they often have interesting stuff.

6. Re: New York Public Library exhibitions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18