We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

Manchester
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

Heading to NYC tomorrow and a friend would like a Xmas ornament from Tiffany, but the budget is probably around $50. Can you get something around this price? And would you need to go direct to store or best going Macy's/Bloomies

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
643 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

You can look online and see exactly what is available/the cost.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

There are only 3 ornaments on the Tiffany website and I don't think any of them are particulalrly attractive. The NYC store may have more options than you can buy online, but Tiffany is not where I'd think of to get an ornament. If she wants something from NYC, I'd go to the dept stores. Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendel and Saks should have things.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

As NYWhiz says there are only 3. If you type "ornament" into the search function you can see them.

I have the star and its very pretty, but well over your budget at $125

Edited: 13 October 2013, 21:28
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

I saw some archived pictures and they had some very nice ones in years past in Tiffany blue, the ones they have now it's almost like you'd have to TELL someone where you got it :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

Yes, this years ones are very generic. It's a shame for the price too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

I bought beautiful ornaments at the MoMA shop, and Christmas cards from the Met shop.

I also have an ornament of the ESB with Santa climbing up it....a fun memory of NYC at Christmas time (and the top of the ESB).

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

If you got the bell or the sleigh then you would need to tell someone where it was from, but people that know Tiffany would recognise the star, even if they didn't know it was Elsa Peretti, so you wouldn't need to tell them.

However, in comparison to previous years they are more generic.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

I really love my Rockettes ornament, about 4-5 of them doing the kick in their Santa outfits.

The old Tiffany one I really liked was the little blue box - how apropos. I'm sorry I'm not up on designer stuff, I'm sure your ornament is lovely.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

Tiffany is a little overrated and a lot overpriced, IMO. They know people will buy it for the name and the name alone. I second the posters saying that a NY themed ornament may be best. The rockette ornaments really are lovely.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tiffany Xmas Ornaments

Tiffany & Co is only sold in there own Tiffany stores , it is not sold in Macy's or Bloomies etc.

I also agree you can find some lovely New York themed ornaments , I have found good ones in museum gift shops, a favorite of mine came from the FDNY fire museum .

Edited: 14 October 2013, 04:44