We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Tourists Bus Tour - Christmas

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
NYC Tourists Bus Tour - Christmas

Hi,

I am travelling to NYC with wife and daughter on the 13th December and I have 3 days to visit the city.

To maximize time/sightseeing we were thinking in getting a but tours and hip on/off as required, I am worried though that traffic will be terrible? will it be better using public transports?

Thanks a lot.

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,619 posts
2,172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Tourists Bus Tour - Christmas

Its not the traffic its more the weather. I did the HOHO bus tour in August. We had lovely sunny weather and it was great to be on the top deck.

If you did it in December you are likely to be downstairs in the bus.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Tourists Bus Tour - Christmas

I think the hoho buses are not a good idea in Dec. for both reasons, weather and traffic. For a tour, I would suggest using a closed bus with a guide that stays with you.

freetoursbyfoot.com

does a bus tour and

onboardtours.com

is another option.

OR,

realnewyorktours.com

uses subway and walking. Don't use the hoho buses for transportation. Use the subway. It's fast.

3. Re: NYC Tourists Bus Tour - Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:19