We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West coast tour

Ames, Iowa
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
West coast tour

Hi everyone! I am from new jersey area. I & my girlfriend are planning to explore west coast of USA. I am planning for thanksgiving weekend (27th nov -dec1)

I want to know few things

How much expense shouls i anticipate

what cities should I explore - list of places

what would be cheapest travel route - I was planning to take a flight to vegas( if there is any other better options do let me know)

How many days should I plan for - SF CITY, VEGAS,LA, & Grand canyon(Please let me know if anymore places should I add.

could anyone even suggest me how my itenary should look like

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West coast tour

You should probably re-post in the specific state forums that you plan to visit....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,995 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West coast tour

4 days is not enough time to see 4 places. That's crazy! Do you expect to spend a few hours in each? You would barely have time enough to see 2 places. Pick 2 of those.

kayak.com

is the place to go for flight information. Pick a multi citi form and fly into one place and out of another. You could fly to Las Vegas. Rent a car and see the Grand Canyon then drive to LA and fly home from LA but it would be very rushed. (Not even sure that would work).

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West coast tour

I agree with nywhiz. You're traveling to the West Coast for 4 days and you expect to see all those places? I would drop that idea. Pick ONE place. Probably Las Vegas and spend 4 days there. You can also see some of the Grand Canyon on a tour. Remember to factor in travel time to and from the East Coast. You really don't have a full 4 days I don't think.

OR if you'd rather see movie studios and the beach (Santa Monica / Malibu) then go to LA / Hollywood for 4 days. But I wouldn't try to do multiple cities on such a short trip. You'll end up not seeing anything.

Ames, Iowa
Level Contributor
35 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West coast tour

Thanks for your reply guys!!! I will do Vegas n Grand Canyon.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,009 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West coast tour

Comparing your plans to this area ... If somebody said they wanted to see New York City, DC, Boston, and Niagara Falls in that same time frame...what would you tell them? That is pretty much what you are trying to do.

6. Re: West coast tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:18