We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FJK to LGA + hotel

Ottawa
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
FJK to LGA + hotel

Hello experts :)

My friends and I have an evening layover on March 15, 2014. We fly into JFK around 7pm and leave LGA the next morning at 8am. (Unfortunately not enough time for a trip into Manhattan).

I'm looking for some thoughts on the following:

1) Best way for 6 people + luggage to go from JFK to a hotel close to LGA.

2) Decent but affordable hotel near LGA with free shuttle service to the airport.

So far I've found that two cabs should cost about $30 each and get us from JFK to the Asiatic hotel. The Asiatic has decent reviews, runs about $120 a room/night, has a free shuttle to LGA and a free breakfast.

Any other suggestions for #1 and #2 above that are in that range would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FJK to LGA + hotel

1) you can price a van from a car service like

Allstatelimo.com

And see if one van is cheaper than 2 taxis. Taxis are subject to traffic and $30 sounds a bit optimistic to me.

Panamhotel.com

is the only one with shuttle to/from BOTH airports. You pay for one shuttle (I don't know how much)

2) Marco hotel is another good option near LGA. Btw it and the Asiatic I think are both within walking distance to a subway so you COULD go into Manhattan.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,584 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FJK to LGA + hotel

I live midway between LGA and JFK. (slightly closer to LGA) Last week I took a taxi from LGA to my home. It cost $24 ( including the late night $1 surcharge) There is no way you are going to go from one airport to the other for $30!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: FJK to LGA + hotel

I used a recommended taxi fare finder for NYC ... guess it wasn't very accurate! Thanks for letting me know :)

4. Re: FJK to LGA + hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 19:27
5. Re: FJK to LGA + hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:22