We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Equity Point Times Square?

Auckland Region...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Equity Point Times Square?

Hi wondering if Equity Point Times Square is a good place to stay at for 5 nights at the end of January? We are a group of 5 (1 couple and 3 friends) and looking for somewhere really central and not too expensive (don't want to have to spend more than $100/night). Any places with a kitchen/ microwave/ fridge would be fantastic. Have heard the horror stories about shady illegal places and don't want to get caught out!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

Is your plan to accommodate 5 people for $100 total per night? Or do you mean $100 per person per night, so $500 per night?

If it's the former, you haven't got a hope at all for that budget and if you did find something, I'd be beyond wary.

I've never heard of Equity Point. Do you have a link to share instead of making people search for it?

Auckland Region...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

Our max is 100 each a night although hoping for less.

Have looked at HI New York and wondering if it is any good/ convenient and clean etc?

Here is the link for equity point tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d254605-…

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,755 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

If you are willing to spend $500 per night for all of you, then hotels are cheaper in January than other times of the year and you should't need to stay in a hostel.

Have you tried the booking sites like Kayak?

Edited: 19 October 2013, 11:59
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

You don't jave to be "really central" as you will need to get around by subway anyway. If you pool your resources for one space, $500/night is a respectable budget for late Jan. when prices are lower. If you're interested in this 3 bedroom 3 bathroom apt. In an owner occupied townhouse, see if that budget would be acceptable to them. It's on the upper east side, not "really" central but a nice residential area with lots of rstaurants, bars and shops and easy distance to midtown.

http://www.vrbo.com/138897

Best Western Hospitality is in midtown and has some 2 bedroom suites with 3 proper beds and a sofabed that might be within budget. They also include breakfast and you'd have your own kitchen.

Radiocityapartments.com

Is more of a budget option.

Nycsalisbury.com

Is another budget hotel with 2 befroom 2 bathroom suites (Radio City 2 bedroom suites mostly have only 1 bathroom).

Another option would be to get 2 rooms, one for the couple and the other for the 3 friends. Courtyard Midtown East has some rooms with 2 queen beds and sofabed so the 3 friends wouldn't have to share a bed if they didn't want to.

Tryp hotel has some family suites that would sleep 5 but no real separation for privacy.

Equity Point is a combo hotel/hostel. I don't know what kind of accommodation you were thinking of getting there. Hostel beds will jave shared bathrooms. I think you can do better.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

Here's the link for Best Western Hospitality. You'd want the king/twins 2 bedroom. Confirm there's a sofabed.

www.hospitalityhouseny.com/default.aspx…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

PS I just checked prices for the last 5 nights of Jan. for the largest suite at BW Hospitality and the lowest price listed is $615/night. You should ask them if they would accept $500 if you're interested. Taxes do add 15% on top of whatever nightly rate you pay. I think finding something with at least 2 bathrooms would be better. Not sure BW Hospitality has that.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

You might want to look into the Distrikt Hotel, great location and a very decent Hotel.

W40th

You should be able to book two rooms in your price range for Jan.

http://www.distrikthotel.com/

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

I really think the OP means $100 for five people. He never mentions each anywhere.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

I read his post #2 as being $100 each or $500?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Equity Point Times Square?

Ah phew!!!